As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] By the Rivers of Babylon, FIN has no effect (on krovice)

Sounds like an overreaction. Where do you think he'll settle?
I have to run.

Either south of the rice or the jungle hill. He will not expect us to be pushing so far against Whosit.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

If he gets a city that far down that he can fork 3 cities, and we can't use a fast mover stack to defend that entire combined front we will have a problem later on.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

So I got on chat with Krill. We've just played turn 53 and settled our third city. Here's the new plan for turn 61:

Umm... yeah. Should be interesting. crazyeye

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1521...dSwordSave
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1521...g/auto.zip
I have to run.

I logged on and switched DS to a settler, Krill. I also put up signs with our micro plan, as a guidance for our military units:

I have to run.

You know you're not supposed to do what I say novice? I actually thought that the workboat at DS was fine, provided we could get the roads down...

But fuck me, that is the state of the empire at T61? I'm sold, I think you just convinced me that rushing the settler is the right move.

The thing about the work boat is that we'll just complete it after the settler instead, so WH still won't have to build its own. Well, unless dtay calls us on our farmer's gambit, of course. Best case though WH just sacrifices 10-ish food to get the next settler out that much sooner from DS.
I have to run.

OK, I'm looking at the autosaves now.

This is ballsy, I'll give you that. There are definitely costs; for the lurkers, it's a much slower good gold up, wheat at TtL isn't hooked, nor is the fish until T62. Personally, I think that most of it is justified, but I have to ask if it is perhaps possible to use 1 worker to hook the wheat at TtL and not road the city tile at FM? It delays the city 1 turn, sure, but the payback is huge, especially if the bowman isn't slaved at TtL until size 3...but that is wishful thinking, really.

Move to farm after roading hill: farm T64. City grows eot T64, but working the farm for that last turn means a 3 turn growth to size 3 (due to that 1 extra food).
roading the city tile first then moving to wheat: farm T67. So only really 2 lost turns, for 1 extra turn of having GM down.

With 2 workers at pig moving to FM, deer camped T69 (1 worker, cities roaded together). Worker roading city tile and immediately camping, camp done T65...but there are no workers that could get the wheat done until T69 at the earliest, wasting 3 turns moving there. If one worker runs straight to the deer camp after the pigs, the deer is camped T67...which leaves the other worker to just wander up to the rice to farm that at the dtay front city the turn borders pop. Not like any barbs can spawn there, it's all down to dtay decidin to wander around with units on the border. And if he wanted to take the city out, I don't think he would be so obvious unless he actually had the units in place already to attack.

You know, roading the city tile then moving down isn't so bad, but not roading the city tile means being slightly ahead on chopping at TtL, which could seed a 1 pop worker whip at size 3. chop lands turn after growing to size 3, put in 12+20 hammers, whip it T69.

tl;dr: I like the plan with following amendments:
  • Don't road FM city tile, send worker to farm wheat then chop a forest into a worker
  • 1 pig worker runs to deer to camp at FM
  • 1 pig worker walks to rice to farm

Grow everything and pray we don't have to whip more bowmen. Don't build granaries at cities other than capital, stagnate on mines.

Any cold feet about this plan?

Definitely.
I have to run.