As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] By the Rivers of Babylon, FIN has no effect (on krovice)

Good thoughts, Krill.

Turn 56, after Whosit played:

So Whosit retreated, I think this means we follow our original plan. Any specific advice for unit movement, Krill? Move the bowman 7, then the warrior 6, then the workers?

Looking at the graphs, from MFG and power, and the fact that Whosit has archers, it seems like he may not have any strategical resources hooked up yet, like us. Also notice that Dtay has built a culture building somewhere.

From the map screenshot, there's a new forest growth worth noticing.
I have to run.

Bowmen 7 is risky. Effectively stating we don't think he has chariots and no wish to attack. That said, I think it's OK. Whosit wouldn't be the person to retreat the archer this turn to then turn around and attack with a bunch more units.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

This entire plan is very risky. On the plus side that keeps things interesting.

So we moved the bowman NW, then we could safely move a worker 2N to the hill, and then we could safely move the warrior E.

Also, Krill pointed out that dtay probably got Judaism, which is good news provided the holy city isn't Gronk or Mankins. We think the borders would have popped by now if that were the case.

If dtay did get Monotheism, that's much better for us than him getting Maths or HBR. (Not saying Monotheism was a bad choice, mind you.) We can probably expect to get access to a religion too now, which is not a given in a 33-player game.
I have to run.

I think risky is a polite way of saying bat shit insane. 6 cities with 4 workers and no strategic resources should be called by someone but everyone has strategic reasons not to or is Whosit. If it works and we can get to T80 without anyone doing anything to use we are in prime position to to take those islands entirely amd play bnuilder. Just have to get dtay to attack Whosit and we'd be all set until T150 at least.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Also, two last points (blatant lie right here):

Discover horses in 2 turns. There is a chance they are 3E of the capital, and we can't hook them due to having no workers. No flexibility in this plan at all, nexrt turn is for copper and we steal 2 workers from TtL and FP to hook it.

More interesting point is this: I don't think we should cottage the capital. That city is too good a hammer city. But there is a solid commerce city we can settle. It's that filler city 114 of OT. Using just the corn (once it is irrigated) it has enough food to work every plains tile and a cottaged grass hill and a windmill plains hill. Every other tile can be cottaged for 14 cottages (15 if we steal a river grassland that could have a watermill from OT). That means we can work cottages in:
  • FP (2, plains cottage, grass cottage),
  • TtL (3, grass river cottages, 1 plains river cottage)
  • The copper city, Free Reign (3, grass river cottage, plains river cottage, and grass cottage)
  • OT (1, plains cottage)

That allows every other city to do whatever it has to, which at this stage of the game is "work hills". We can get some commerce worked when we can and grow some cottages and we don't have to build multipliers everywhere in the mid game. It fits with Free Reign being 1S of the copper as it doesn't need the deer to function but could use it a bit to grow quicker. Whether to move the capital or not is questionable, but probably worth it...

Turn 57, after Whosit and Dtay played

No action this turn. Whosit has an increase in power, though.

I have to run.

Tech or a lot of things finishing at the same time. Given he just got his third city, might have just hooked copper or horses...nah, don't think that's enough for 2 chariots. At most 1 chariot and a pop growth.

Taking bets on horse location BTW.

Whosit's power graph, annotated:

Grid cells are 2 turns by 2k power.

Whosit has 47k power in total.

2k from barracks
24k from techs (Hunting (2k), Mining (2k), The Wheel (4k), BW (8k), Archery (6k), AH (2k))
Say 4k from population (0.5k per pop point)

That leaves 17k in units. My guess is 1 archer, 4 warriors, and 1 axe/2 archers.
Graphs are a turn or two delayed and rival best has 50k, so Whosit may have another archer.
I have to run.

Nothing that scary...