As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] By the Rivers of Babylon, FIN has no effect (on krovice)

I know it's not entirely relevant right now, but I don't think we want to start research into Sailing until we need to get it for a galley from WH after the granary is finished. That gives us more flexibility to just rush HBR.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(May 31st, 2014, 05:42)Krill Wrote: I know it's not entirely relevant right now, but I don't think we want to start research into Sailing until we need to get it for a galley from WH after the granary is finished. That gives us more flexibility to just rush HBR.

Agreed. We may want a galley instead of a granary though. And get a settler e.g. from FP.
I have to run.

Turn 60.

Whosit moved N with the archer, which was a nice thing to do. Looks like a scouting mission.

I settled Role Call but I haven't finished the turn yet. There's a barb warrior in the east that we need to deal with. I'm thinking we put the overflow in OT into a warrior instead of a worker? We might need to dispatch another unit there as well, though. Or we stick with the worker and make do without a bowman in the west.

Thoughts?
I have to run.

Okay I think we should build a warrior in OT now. I think it's actually the best play regardless of that barb, since it only delays the worker by 1 turn. We would rather have the warrior out 5 turns sooner and start spawnbusting.

I played most of the turn but I still haven't decided how to move these three units; a bowman in TtL and a bowman and warrior 98 from the city. I reckon we can move one of these units east temporarily and probably turn it around when we have the barb under control.

Looking at Whosit's MFG it seems impossible for him to have both horses and copper hooked, and he might well have neither. Or if he does, he's not working the resources. His MFG maxes out at 12 (our current MFG is 9), and he has at least 6 hammers from 3 city centres, sheep and ivory. So I don't think he will be in a position to attack our cities immediately. (Well, he could attack RC with his archer but he'll have to go in blind.)

I have to run.

The more I look at these pictures the more I fall in love with this position. 7 pop over 5 cities. Wandering archers. Potential HA rushes. Barbs being a pain in the arse. Shitty strat resource positions. What's not to love in this challenge?

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

speaking for the lurkers, it's great! can you make it to t100 with no strat resources at all??

Copper hooked T77 if all goes well. Horses not long after that.

Thinking about it a bit more novice, I forgot we aren't settling FP next turn...so that archer, if it does move 9 will then move north again (or try to choke us after a war declaration). I think we can manage the situation fine with the bowmen we'll have produced, with the unit positioning you wanted last night...so long as it doesn't escalate much more. Although to be honest if he starts walking about with axes I'm not particularly fussed, just settle for horses next and not copper. Bowmen and chariots would be enough to manage there.

Turn 61.

The good news:

We should be able to settle FP next turn.

The bad news:

The barbs are invading!

For some reason dtay's scout hasn't moved, though...
I have to run.

Okay, turn 61 played.

In the west, we're all set to settle Feeble Position next turn.

In the east, we're kind of hoping for dtay to take care of our barb problem. Krill suggested that dtay may be trying to get his scout to 10xp. If the barb advances, we'll probably have to whip a bowman in one of these cities.

Our demographics are pretty amusing. 1st in land area, 6th in crop yield, second to last in population. lol

I have to run.