As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] By the Rivers of Babylon, FIN has no effect (on krovice)

(June 2nd, 2014, 17:55)Ceiliazul Wrote:
(June 2nd, 2014, 17:31)Krill Wrote: Anyone got any questions?

Ah, question: how long after this screwball single-player landgrab phase will your opponents have to set you back before you have real defenses?

Copper city settled T76, copper hooked T77. DS grows to 1 turn from size 4, builds settler, grows to 4 turn before gold is hooked. Continues to build settler working lake then grass hill mine once it is in place. Meanwhile 2 workers are used, on separate tiles, to road the copper and the grassland tile 7 of it. The worker at TtL and another worker built there are used for this purpose,, have to start no later than T74, so can move into position on T73. Mine the copper on T76 and finish T77.

During this time we're growing cities. We should have 4 pop in TtL, with a granary. 3 pop in FP. 3 Pop in RC, 5 pop in DS, 4 pop in WH...look, basically we can whip out an army and deal with anything short of aa 8HA stack which would take up to 2 cities. So players have 15 turns to do something, at which point we are in the same league as dtay for output.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(June 3rd, 2014, 14:07)novice Wrote: Maybe a lurker could see if dtay disagrees on this?

i'll feel him out.

Thank you.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

novice I have this stupid idea that it might make sense to go Bowman>worker>granary in OT using 3 workers to chop forests. Worker from the golf, from the DS mine, and the one built at OT. The micro for those workers and cities works out...except the forest chop for WH can be finished in time. But there is a cheekier way to do it that seems to be better

Use the worker from the deer to chop a third ring OT forest that is near to RC. Those forests are never going to be planted for, so there is no loss, and the deer worker doesn't have much better to do anyway. That means we can use the DS worker to finish the 1 turn road at OT then go chop at WH. Maybe dump a turn or two into a grass cottage at OT, or at WH, your choice.

The micro gets a bit weirder as it iterates through. The TtL worker on the wheat needs to chop the grass forest 9 of the wheat, and then the forest north of that. TtL can still whip the worker, but that worker needs to chop the roaded forest (if you want the 2 chops for the granary). OTOH, that does mean both chops line up on the same turn so the granary completes with 14 food in the box so the full 12 food is saved on growth to 3. Both workers are available for the Free Reign roads and mine.

The workers at OT need to be on the forests 6 and 66 of OT. Or basically not at the far two forests. Then move them to the hills to mine, or get a few more cottages. Again, further choice.

I'm going to add a caveat to this plan. It is technically feasible to build a settler at OT rather than a worker. This uses all current workers excluding the wheat worker to chop the aforementioned forests including third ring OT forest. The settler finishes eot T72, with the granary compete eot T73 when all forests chops are completed. But doing this means no forest chop for the galley/granary at WH. So with nio place to send the settler from OT (and it is actually 1 turn early with the worker micro at TtL) I don't think this is a particularly good idea. The worker at OT, then sitting on a settler waiting for the granary to be finished, growing to 4 or 6 then whipping the settler is better.

Well, there is one way to really make that settler useful. Settle for horses and overflow out a workboat from WH...but the workboat is three turns slow for that and we can't hook the horse quickly enough either. I still think that worker>settler>chop granary>whip settler is best.

EDIT: Actually...looking at the micro, have to go worker. I was wrong about the worker micro at TtL, it's 1 turn too slow. Need 1 worker turn from somewhere. That worker turn could come from anywhere. There are basically 4 workers (OT worker, deer, gold and DS workers) and 3 of them have to do chops. The other one has to do the copper roads...but if you add in WH chop then it's stricter.

Fuck it, I think the above is all wrong. Have to use gold worker, DS worker and OT worker for chops. Use deer worker to get most of the roads in place, 1 turn into the flat land road then move to the copper. Easy to figure out the micro to get to that area without wasting turns. But if you want to give up the granary in TtL then none of this really matters and just grab a worker from there. But the TtL granary is probably the most useful one to get as that city has the least wrecked happy cap of them all. And is well positioned to double whip units.

dtay was agreeable. He said he's been taking the first half usually, sound right to you?

(June 3rd, 2014, 23:30)Ceiliazul Wrote: dtay was agreeable. He said he's been taking the first half usually, sound right to you?

Yes, sounds right. Thanks, Ceiliazul.
I have to run.

(June 3rd, 2014, 16:35)Krill Wrote: novice I have this stupid idea

(June 3rd, 2014, 17:08)Krill Wrote: I'm going to add a caveat to this plan.

(June 3rd, 2014, 17:08)Krill Wrote: Well, there is one way to

(June 3rd, 2014, 17:08)Krill Wrote: EDIT: Actually...

(June 3rd, 2014, 18:11)Krill Wrote: Fuck it, I think the above is all wrong.

You guys see what I have to deal with here?
I have to run.

See, all of the above, including the admission of failure isn't technically true either.

The problem is one of prioritization, rather than anything else. It is possible to use 3 workers to chop the granary at OT. It is possible to use 2 workers to chop a granary at TtL. It is possible to use a chop and whip overflow to finish a granary or galley at WH. It is possible to mine a grassland at DS to speed up the settler and finish the bowmen whilst growing to size 5. It is possible to road the copper location and get the copper mined by T77 or even T76 with different DS micro.

It isn't possible to do all of these at the same time though, unless we whipped another worker out of FP. And frankly, it's all assuming Whosit doesn't do this when he logs in to the next turn:

[Image: udoykyxcfiwhwc0hvnjk.gif]

Personally, I'd rather he do this:

[Image: ku-medium.gif]