As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PYFT: Request a turn to be played by the lurkers

(June 4th, 2014, 09:57)NobleHelium Wrote:
(June 3rd, 2014, 01:11)Lord Parkin Wrote: What happened to Gaspar's thread? I'm sure I saw it yesterday and it had a bunch of collected passwords. Now I can't find it.

There's more than one page in this forum.

Never mind, seems he deleted the thread...

(June 4th, 2014, 13:45)Qgqqqqq Wrote:
(June 4th, 2014, 09:19)novice Wrote: Can a lurker play Qgqqqqq's turn no sooner than 20 minutes from now? Thank you.

Please play Byzantium/Qgqqqqq.

On it, will play in the next 10 minutes. Sorry about the delay, the last minutes of the turn came around during my sleeping hours.

By the way, is this a one-off occurrence or does the game usually lag 6-8 hours past 24 hours per turn? If so, can we wind the timer back several hours so it's closer to 24 hours? I don't mind an hour or two of lag, but since this little job requires being around near turn flips, it would be nice if that time were more consistent day to day.

(June 4th, 2014, 17:09)NobleHelium Wrote: Never mind, seems he deleted the thread...

Yeah, that was my conclusion too, since I looked through his post history. Bizarre though, don't know why.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

The timer is a bit too long, but also we paused the game for some hours mid-turn due to thunderstorms.
I have to run.

(June 4th, 2014, 17:18)Lord Parkin Wrote: By the way, is this a one-off occurrence or does the game usually lag 6-8 hours past 24 hours per turn? If so, can we wind the timer back several hours so it's closer to 24 hours? I don't mind an hour or two of lag, but since this little job requires being around near turn flips, it would be nice if that time were more consistent day to day.

Seconded.

(June 4th, 2014, 17:21)novice Wrote: The timer is a bit too long, but also we paused the game for some hours mid-turn due to thunderstorms.

We can always extend a 24 hour turn to 48 hours for these reasons easily using pauses.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Turn 62 (continued)

Played Qgqqqqq's turn.

Next turn is up. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Turn 63

Played Caledorn's turn.

Played Lurker's turn.

Wasn't sure if I should play Qgqqqqq's turn, so left it for now.

I'm serious about reducing the turn timer so it's closer to 24 real hours; otherwise you'll periodically have to deal with 6-8 lag hours + another 8-10 hours waiting for me to turn up (unless someone else is around). Suggested it to Caledorn and he seemed unsure if the majority would be happy with it. Up to you guys, but with the current system you're never going to do better than about 4 turns per week on average even with me helping out.

(Please discuss HERE.)
Lord Parkin

My issue persists, please play my turn. I have started a thread at CFC which should hopefully yield fruit.

Thanks!
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Turn 63 (continued)

Played Qgqqqqq's turn.
Lord Parkin

Turn 63 (continued)

Played BGN's turn at Catwalk's request.
Lord Parkin

Turn 64

Played Lurker's turn.

Played Caledorn's turn.

Played Qgqqqqq's turn.

Played BoldlyGoingNowhere's turn.

Phew. tongue

Caledorn informs me he'll be back in 2 days, and BGN has a return date set. Just need to find a permanent replacement for Q next. smile
Lord Parkin