As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] By the Rivers of Babylon, FIN has no effect (on krovice)

Something I just noticed, dtay is saving gold every turn but his gold stockpile isn't rising. That's how his power increase is keeping up with ours: he is upgrading units. So no fucking way we can attack him.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Novice if you want this turn it's yours. Been ill. Should be able to play the turn at 1700.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(December 18th, 2014, 00:53)Krill Wrote: Novice if you want this turn it's yours. Been ill. Should be able to play the turn at 1700.

Hope you're feeling better.

I can't play until late tonight, most probably. If you're unable to play, ask for a short pause, and I'll get to it.
I have to run.

I don't know how he did it, but Pindicator just took the Hindu shrine city back. dtay lost a further 116K soldier points. I checked when I logged in and we were #1 with 1636K, dtay second at 1631K, now second place is 1515K.

Time to pile on.
I have to run.

God this game is a total bitch sometimes.

Sorry dtay, but you're still lucky that I didn't save that GG.

I'm going to prepare to take all three cities next turn using one Artist bomb and then reassess.

OK, checking odds, this is what I expect to happen: for every rifle that is in Willow lake we lose a cannon. I don't care about him moving in more units to Willow Lake, because the cannons will simple wreck everything and I have 8 of them. I need 3 to bombard the city, plus the 4 cats to lower the city to 0% culture defence. The Cannon with CR2 will...OK, this is where it gets interesting.

I know dtay has a rifle with a promotion in WL. It has no fort. It has CG1 due to PRO (don't let anyone tell you PRO is shit late game). If it's a CG3 rifle next turn then things get dicey and I'm going to have to sack at least 2 cannon just to get odds with a musket. If it's a CG2 rifle then on average a single cannon does enough damage to then get odds with the second cannon. And both would do enough damage that the longbows in the city are trash.

If dtay upgrades the longbows and they have no promotions then I think that's perhaps a better outcome than him simply leaving a single CG3 rifle in the city, at least we can use the collateral and the XP may be extremely helpful. I think that we still have to sack 3 cannon into the city, possibly 4 but then it all dies. If dtay moves in anything else (god forbid builds a rifle) then he can't upgrade those units and they still get hit by collateral and we have a lot of knights to attack weakened units for.

If dtay moves out a ton of stuff out of Willow Lake then we capture and bomb then run everything down, or reposition to attack Avendale and Prarie Village the turn after, potentially upgrading the cats for additional suicide units. That's easy.

The worst thing to happen is if dtay pulls back a ton of units from Avendale into Willow Lake, essentially abandoning Avendale to OldTourist. And depending on the units he did that with we might have to not bombard down the city and just sack the cannon. Expensive but hell we might end up killing a fuck ton of units that way, and honestly that's our best way to win a war with dtay, so I'm not even sure this counts as the worst option (obviously, praise unto the RNG, but if the RNG screws us that's obviously the worst thing that could happen).

tl;dr: Willow Lake will be captured. We can lose anything from 0 cannon (dtay retreats plus bit of luck) to 8 cannon and units but kill anything from 1 rifle plus 2 longbows to a 600 hammer stack. We will Artist Bomb it. Then we see what happens. We lack so much information. dtay needs people to take him for a drink (preferably before he plays his turn).

Good stuff.

If this somehow works I'll feel bad for Dtay.

Don't worry about the settled GG. It's not like we could have done the same job with a Taoist missionary or anything.
I have to run.

Taoist Missionary, Monastery and a Wonder Thank You Very Much novice.

If this game last long enough for us to build Commandos in that city I'll take this comment to my sig. Only need another 6 GG.