As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Pindicator as Qin Shi of China - Boring Ol' Vanilla

(January 9th, 2015, 10:18)scooter Wrote: The most successful pairings around here either 1) only did it together for one game or 2) clearly had a primary/secondary setup for controlling the civ.

Ahem. Although I suppose #2 might apply in a subtle kind of way.

Turn 181

With my shrine city coming out of revolt there never seemed a better time to rename it

[Image: pb18%20-%20turn181%20-%20muirthemne.JPG]

dtay's defenses on the eastern end of the island are appalling. A single archer is in Rhi'anon. And the rest of his forces are on the eastern-most point of the island. If he is still tied down in war when our peace is up I will consider attacking.

I loaded up another payment for Dreylin/Cyneheard. He has rejected all gold offerings so far: 100gpt, 50gpt. Now I will try offering a lump sum and hope that appeases him. Dude, I'm sorry. Let me pay you some more for it

[Image: pb18%20-%20turn181%20-%20gild.JPG]

He continues to station sentry knights and chariots in my lands. If he is using them as a precursor to attack then I get what I deserve. If he simply doesn't trust me then I suppose I deserve that as well, but I will not attack him again.

I was getting ready to post demos and brag about how I'm #4 in GNP at break-even, but then I remembered that is with Drama selected to tech. I'm going to try and ride my reputation a bit to getting Liberalism and Democracy before grabbing military techs. A fool's decision, I'm sure, but hopefully the dtay/old Harry/krill war will keep them all occuppied and let me do that. I'll get a more accurate GNP reading next turn for you all.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 182

I don't get it, he won't take my money. Does he think there's strings attached? I'm not sure what strings i could possibly convey in a no diplo setting. Does he not want to feel guilty when he invades me?

80% is our break-even right now. Put tech on Astronomy and we're #7 in GNP. Which is better than where we stand on food (#9) or MFG (#11). But I'm not going to tech Astronomy. I'm 1-turning Philosophy at 60%, then I'll go Music -> Nationalism -> Mil Tradition -> Constitution -> Democracy and after the revolt to Universal Suffrage we'll buy something shiny.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Hopefully something shiny with a barrel and a breach!

Turn 184

What's Dreylin doing?

[Image: pb18%20-%20turn184%20-%20west.JPG]

Love me that slider. I need more unis
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 185

Aha, it makes more sense now!

[Image: pb18%20-%20turn185%20-%20defenders.JPG]

He's hiding units on the galleys. I really hope he's doing so for defensive reasons.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 187

I keep looking for pictures to show something different in the empire, but we're just chugging along. Universities are going up all over the place, but we're woefully behind in tech. Old Harry is running around with Ship of the Line to my south and just entered a Golden Age where he revolted to Universal Suffrage. My MFG is among the lowest in the world, as is my power. But I'm still having fun. smile

We'll pick up Military Tradition after next turn, then we'll upgrade our knights -- all 14 of them -- to help bolster defenses.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

What are the odds of +1 "developing nations need to stick together" with Cyneheatd, and lasting peace on that front?

How will you conquer dtay?

(January 25th, 2015, 02:52)Ceiliazul Wrote: What are the odds of +1 "developing nations need to stick together" with Cyneheatd, and lasting peace on that front?

I've tried throwing gold at him to give him this message, but he's rejected every gift and he is keeping his army on our border. You won't see me start aggression on that front again this game but I'm not sure that message has gotten through.

Quote:How will you conquer dtay?

If the war between him and Krill and Old Harry continues that's my only shot. But I have nothing of a navy so I'm reliant on Old Harry and William LP staying friendly towards me and keeping dtay out of the waters. Still, I will need a few galleys to get the element of surprise -- otherwise he'll be able to see me stage the cuirs a turn away.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 196

Need a little bit of catching up; not much has happened so this should be quick smile

Take a look at this city! smile

[Image: pb18%20-%20turn196%20-%20muirthemne.JPG]

I love me this city. It's paying for almost all of my expenses all by itself.

I'm aiming for Democracy and I'm also aiming for a great person to launch a golden age. However, the timing isn't quite right...

[Image: pb18%20-%20turn196%20-%20avernus.JPG]

So with 4 turns between Democracy ending and the great person coming I decided to swap techs to Astronomy. We're running such a high percentage, I want to get all the plus-science and plus-commerce buildings and techs I can. But yeah, we also need to solve that production issue, and that's what Democracy and Universal Suffrage will bring. I suppose I should also figure out what other civic changes I want to make...

In the meantime I've went down the Military Tradition route and upgraded everything to Curiassiers. Next stop will be Rifling, most likely, but maybe I need to just need to go all-out economy and hope the rest of the world continues to leave me be.

[Image: pb18%20-%20turn196%20-%20west.JPG]

[Image: pb18%20-%20turn196%20-%20east.JPG]
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player