As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] By the Rivers of Babylon, FIN has no effect (on krovice)

(March 20th, 2015, 01:07)fluffyflyingpig Wrote: Did you actually expect this game to reach coal and oil?

That's not the point, and never is. People didn't expect PB1 to reach the modern era - but it did. There are maybe a dozen examples of that on this forum. And that's why we balance for it.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

No its not the point, but in a 33 person game it is a fair question.

(March 20th, 2015, 01:07)fluffyflyingpig Wrote: Did you actually expect this game to reach coal and oil?

PB5: 10 players: ends as reaching Assembly Line
PB8: 11 players: conceded as reaching Assembly Line, but could have gone another 30 turns.
PB13: 18 players: Modern era and still not a certain outcome (it's down as a draw)
PB18: 33 players: Er...yeah, this things going to the finish.

General rule: 4-7 players, game can end in the Ren era. 6-12 end around Ind era. Over 12 go the full length.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Games with more people tend to last longer : isn't it a corollary of the KTB ?

Yeah, but I don't think that the KTB changes are the main cause. I'm certain that the spread of first to bonuses has a major effect as well.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Turns out that Horse archers beat rifles on defense.

Who knew, right?

Up to 2600bpt max now though.

The rule assumes dropouts are replaced and the game isn't strangled in the cradle.

At what point do games get too large and become liable to explode in startup? Incidentally, there's this odd gap in the numbering of the active PB games...

Rule is irrelevant for balancing resources, though. I mean, it's just strictly better to just give one of all of the late-game strats at the capital. Sure, it doesn't look pretty, but it's better than the situation you have here.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Yeah, that was a complete screw-up on my part, don't bother defending me here Fluffy.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Don't worry, not defending you. The map is terrible and resource distribution sucks. That make you feel better? tongue

Seriously though, I remember a lot of doubt initially that the game would ever get off the ground or survive the first 50 turns.