As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] By the Rivers of Babylon, FIN has no effect (on krovice)

(July 21st, 2015, 13:44)Krill Wrote: Cos I'm bored and I have no games of civ ongoing atm:

If Ruff and myself were swapped on start locations, dtay would have won this game by now. The only reason BGN (and OT) have an opportunity to win this game is because dtay got shafted massively and in fact dtay and TBS have been the best players in this game. BGN and OT are overrated.

I think you are very unfair with OT ,they played a stelar game ,with very few mistakes and many good decisions.BGN indeed you have right if i would have been in his position i would had crushed the game(well all others could had dogpiled on me so is not very sure that), so i agree he played very poor many situation(hope he doesnt mind when he reads this) .Now about Dtay i think he lost the game becasue he was to greedy and underestimated pindicator and even more because he choosed a wrong tech path considering the neighbours and knowing how annoiyng OT can be.Tbs yes played a very good game but he took advantage as well from a very poor game by Dazed(wasting cats when Tbs atacked instead retreating), but he has the merit making this game very interisting so in my opinion he deserve a win as well as OT.

What I've been holding off posting for a week:

Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Also...guided missiles can kill guys.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I have to ask, if I gifted 20 guided missiles to dtay to destroy OH's naval stack...how would people feel? Because fuck me it's tempting.

Also, it's annoying that Paratroopers can't drop and attack on the same turn. I think I said in PBEM2 that they ought to have blitz as that fucked up an attack on sunrise, and I'm somewhat surprised I didn't change it already TBH...

novice, some input please. It's not really important, what we do doesn't impact the game so long as we don't declare one important or gift the GA to TBS, but I would like your opinion on some choices.

The game should end in 12 turns or less. TBS looks to win CV first, OT SS a few turns after (11 turn from now) and BGN maybe a turn or two behind that.

Below is F8:

I think TBS has 8 GA available for bombing. Get 9K culture in first two cities then only need 4K culture plus 8 bombs in last city. he seems to have survived the loss of one culture city well enough. I doubt gifting him the GA would help him that much though...? Doesn't matter. OT should launch next turn, which gives TBS a 10 turn window to generate:
  • Elensefar: 8179 culture, 818 per turn.
  • Weldyn: 8583 culture, 859 per turn.
  • Basilisk Caves: 4211 culture, 422 per turn, plus 32000 culture from 8 GA bombs.

Anyway, that's not my question. My question is what do we do between then and now. I've been focusing on maximizing score, so that we place "better", but right now I don't see us closing the 150 score gap to Joey whom has a lot more land than we do, and more pop even though I'm building the junk wonders that are still remaining. I've been cleaning out the cheap techs, but we have enough gold to get one more big tech. Should I do that, or should I instead mass upgrade units and try and murder someone quickly? For example, if we, uh, stabbed dtay in the back we could add his cities to our own, and although they wouldn't be productive we might get enough score that way to place higher than Joey. I'm just loathe to actually try because I don't want to wreck any late game empires for no real reason. I don't think dtay has done anything to us that really deserves that level of animosity either, even though I am pretty sure we could raaze all of his front line cities next to us on hte first turn of hte war with proper setup.

Do you think it's better to just keep on hitting enter and take "5th place", or do you want to see me try for 4th? or would you prefer something more interesting like having every tile of hte map defogged on the last turn (using air recon missions?)

We had lurkers intervening and threatening a reload over an issue no players objected to, that's a nice enough accomplishment. Fifth place sounds good to me.
I have to run.

I'm still going to take over the lurker civ. Just waiting for them to hold the turn...

popcorn
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(July 27th, 2015, 14:59)Krill Wrote: Also, it's annoying that Paratroopers can't drop and attack on the same turn. I think I said in PBEM2 that they ought to have blitz as that fucked up an attack on sunrise, and I'm somewhat surprised I didn't change it already TBH...

Bah, I remember saying that in PBEM1 when I was trying to move on Mostly_Harmless' backline cities.

Also, not PBEM2; maybe Pitboss1?