As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

Even if the rest of their abilities are underwhelming, any civ with a Sword UU is really strong, since you can upgrade warriors at IW without having iron.

The tame abilities are good and more in line with vanilla. Now they only need to tone down some DLC Civs.

(January 10th, 2018, 02:30)TheArchduke Wrote: The tame abilities are good and more in line with vanilla. Now they only need to tone down some DLC Civs.

+2 movement?

The trigger is non-functional for MP, civs with those triggers end up weak, rather than OP -- never good to play "Always War" whilst others can ally in a free for all.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

(January 10th, 2018, 14:15)Bacchus Wrote: The trigger is non-functional for MP, civs with those triggers end up weak, rather than OP -- never good to play "Always War" whilst others can ally in a free for all.

They really don't care about MP.

But we do, so that's what we are discussing.

(January 10th, 2018, 16:09)Bacchus Wrote: But we do, so that's what we are discussing.

Archduke's post was pointing to a positive sign about Firaxis caring about balance. I gave a counterexample and I don't think the eccentricities of MP gets rid of it because they don't even care about it.

(January 10th, 2018, 16:52)MJW (ya that one) Wrote:
(January 10th, 2018, 16:09)Bacchus Wrote: But we do, so that's what we are discussing.

Archduke's post was pointing to a positive sign about Firaxis caring about balance. I gave a counterexample and I don't think the eccentricities of MP gets rid of it because they don't even care about it.

Firaxis does not care about MP balance. But they seem more confident in the expansion selling on its own, whilst the DLC Civs like Australia or Persia got redonculus bonuses to make them sell.

So it is not a positive sign, but rather that we may not have to ban the expansion civs in MP games, which is good imo.

Quote:So it is not a positive sign, but rather that we may not have to ban the expansion civs in MP games, which is good imo.

Yeah, that's how I read your post in the first place.

Any news on worldbuilder and modding?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18