As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Politics Discussion Thread (Heated Arguing Warning)

And what, pray, is the depressing implication? That working class families are so underpaid they are forced to utilize already-restrictive welfare schemes? Or that poor people dare to breed.

Answer carefully for it reveals much about yourself.

This baby formula thing is an amazing example of the value of keeping an open mind. Not sure what implications Commodore had in mind, but my first instinct was to google around and the last thing I expected to find was this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...y-formula/

You just can't go with the obvious explanations for anything these days.

To clarify, I'm not saying that this is happening in US, I'm saying that isolated facts without the knowledge of context might turn out to mean something very different than what appears self-evident at first glance.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

What the fuck are you talking about chinese migrants selling formula at inflated prices to middle class chinese parents has nothing to do with Commodore's vague comment.

It's half of Australia's total retail formula sales according to that article. What I'm saying is that if formula is being sold out in US after benefits arrive, it really tells us very little by itself. People could be just turning benefits into money (maybe with a profit, as in Australia's case).

I also just thought that the article interesting -- I had no idea about this dynamic, and if it's somehow common knowledge that you can buy something in a wholesaler and send to China with a profit, I'm just way behind the times.

Bacchus you are so unbelievably stupid holy fuck.

I know I turn you on, baby, but try to keep it together.

(June 30th, 2018, 09:26)Japper007 Wrote: Hey Nicolae, as someone on the same side of the fence as you, you are not helping our cause. At all. Instead of trying to change minds you are shouting inane abuse. Your points would stand up far better if you refrained from ad hominems and instead focus on founding them better.

tbh I don't even know who he is yelling at, or why

Yeah right wingers are usually far more aggressive and insulting on the internet (and IRL as well), which can be helpful in order to sway people who sit on the fence over an issue, but that argument falls apart every time Nicolae comes by.

(June 30th, 2018, 11:16)Bobchillingworth Wrote: ... but given the level of depraved behavior displayed by reactionaries lately ...

O my .... reactionaries you say? I've seen some fairly depraved actions taken by antifa at certain rallies to be sure, but outside of that I haven't seen much in the way of Depravity, on the right or the left.

And I suppose reactionary only describes those people that ordinarily would have been largely apolitical if not for the invasion of the ideological goose-steppers.  (in this case invasion does not mean the mass movement of peoples, but instead the invasiveness of 'relatively' recent political pushes, both in general cultural pushes, legal pushes, and laws which were actually past)

It is strange indeed, the economy is in a Bad Bad situation, and yet people wish to push ideology in a situation like that? Better to focus on economy first, and then push some sort of other kind of reform ... when the economy is bad what does the rest matter for the ordinary citizen? And yet, with party politics and 4 year terms and this and that well ... the temptation is to try and do everything at once instead of taking the long view. Sad really, but I suppose unavoidable with a First Past the Post system which gives rise to the 2 party politics.

From what I have seen, at least of the ideological sort, is that after bleeding heart liberals inherently break a nation, either A) they leave, or B) are in firm self denial until suffering some sort of fatality from the 'South African treatment'.

Hoooo boy now the next dumbass to join the fray wants to talk about how South Africa got ruined by the blecks.