As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Politics Discussion Thread (Heated Arguing Warning)

(July 1st, 2018, 06:16)Nicolae Carpathia Wrote: Hoooo boy now the next dumbass to join the fray wants to talk about how South Africa got ruined by the blecks.

Well not exactly, both Bantu Blacks and European Whites invaded South Africa, in disproportionate/assymetrical numbers, then there was an Apartheid state, and then it was removed.

What it is, however, is an example of ethnic politics leading to whites being killed or disenfranchised.

I love how you completely ignore the rest of my post though >_>

(July 1st, 2018, 06:03)Tasunke Wrote: It is strange indeed, the economy is in a Bad Bad situation

But it isn't.  Consumer confidence, the stock market, employment, GDP are all solidly up for Trump's entire time in office.

Inequality is up.  That is not Bad Bad however much it gets screamed about.  The historical state of human economic affairs has always been that the vast majority barely lives on subsistence.  The rise of the middle class was a temporary aberration due to the industrial revolution, not a new norm.

That sufficient technology exists now to produce sufficient fruits for everyone neither creates an entitlement to those fruits nor prevents foolish disposal of them.

Surely you realize that the greater the level of inequality, the greater a need for a security state to protect your precious property. And you had better hope you can keep your security in line, because they will brutalize your pudgy ass just as hard if given the opportunity.

You are such a man, Nicolae, T-Hawk can't even walk by without you fantasizing about his pudgy ass getting pounded. You need to learn to behave, darling, or you couldn't ever be the one for me. The improvement in your punctuation gives me hope, though, you've hit almost all the commas there!
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

(July 1st, 2018, 03:17)Bacchus Wrote: This baby formula thing is an amazing example of the value of keeping an open mind. Not sure what implications Commodore had in mind, but my first instinct was to google around and the last thing I expected to find was this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...y-formula/

You just can't go with the obvious explanations for anything these days.

To clarify, I'm not saying that this is happening in US, I'm saying that isolated facts without the knowledge of context might turn out to mean something very different than what appears self-evident at first glance.
Unfortunately, no. The reason for the midnight runs on formula is hungry babies. Ipecac was worried about UBI being misspent, but draining your EBT on Cheez-wiz and running out of food for your kid is pretty much the epitome of "misspending". So yes, UBI will be insufficient, although I'm not sure if that's reason to throw it out.

Foam about that response however you wish, Nicolae, I don't have a dog in last century's political fight.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

So:

Commodore thinks the poor get too much free food.

Tasunke thinks black people ruined South Africa.

Bacchus is just stupid.

Great people we got here.

Quote:Ipecac was worried about UBI being misspent, but draining your EBT on Cheez-wiz and running out of food for your kid is pretty much the epitome of "misspending".

In this sense, I don't disagree at all, if you give people money, some of them will completely squander it. And as you say, that's not a reason not to give to the population at large, especially as ear-marked benefits mostly end up generating various sorts of black markets anyway. I was interested enough in the formula issues to delve a bit more into it, and to be sure, there seems to be an entire industry around it -- whether it terms of direct stealing, or getting it via WIC and selling, fences seem to get arrested quite regularly.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Bacchus finally made an intelligent point! The possibility of some welfare recipients misusing their benefits does not mean the program as a whole is ineffective nor pointless! In the same way that theoretical voter fraud should not be used to purge voters off the rolls and close booths in working class black neighborhoods!

It just has absolutely fucking nothing to do with the ad hoc export of baby formula by chinese migrants to middle class chinese parents in mainland china.

(July 1st, 2018, 07:38)Nicolae Carpathia Wrote: So:

Commodore thinks the poor get too much free food.

Tasunke thinks black people ruined South Africa.

Bacchus is just stupid.

Great people we got here.
I bet you are an antifa member.evryone who dares to say something you dont agree or you cant argue agains is stupid, great champ you are.

Antifa are cooler than fascist yeah sure.