As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Politics Discussion Thread (Heated Arguing Warning)

I like AdrienIer's latest post because it forces T-hawk to attack directly or fold. popcorn

In other news Marcon's approval rating is now 25%. I got excited and think that something might happen but then saw that Hollande's approval rating went to 4% and nothing happened. frown Oh well.

I didn't have anything else to say for AdrienIer. He exposed the liberal side for the racist position that it is, that my interest gets less consideration because I'm white.

Resistance against that attitude is what elected Trump, and what the liberals can't figure out to address because they can't do anything but dismiss that resistance as subhuman.

(September 12th, 2018, 21:45)T-hawk Wrote: I didn't have anything else to say for AdrienIer.  He exposed the liberal side for the racist position that it is, that my interest gets less consideration because I'm white.

Resistance against that attitude is what elected Trump, and what the liberals can't figure out to address because they can't do anything but dismiss that resistance as subhuman.

This is a direct attack.

(September 12th, 2018, 22:16)MJW (ya that one) Wrote:
(September 12th, 2018, 21:45)T-hawk Wrote: I didn't have anything else to say for AdrienIer.  He exposed the liberal side for the racist position that it is, that my interest gets less consideration because I'm white.

This is a direct attack.

"You are racist!"

"No, you are the real racists!"

"No, you are!"

"No, you are!"

ipecac:Zz

(September 12th, 2018, 21:45)T-hawk Wrote: I didn't have anything else to say for AdrienIer. He exposed the liberal side for the racist position that it is, that my interest gets less consideration because I'm white.

You're just used to having more consideration because you're white and you're upset that you might lose that advantage. If you were the only one to do that I'd be angry at you but you're not so I'll just oppose the policies people like you want for as long as it's relevant.

I understand why you have this position, but I strongly believe that politics should make our society better but not necessarily my personal life better.

Edit : I'm not sure how "those policies are aimed at making your life better" got translated to "they care less about me because I'm white" by T-hawk and "you're a racist" by ipecac

(September 12th, 2018, 18:20)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: In other news Marcon's approval rating is now 25%. I got excited and think that something might happen but then saw that Hollande's approval rating went to 4% and nothing happened. frown Oh well.

Some pollsters give him as much as 31%. But he has the majority in the assembly so he can just keep going until 2022. His party might even end up first in the european election next year, due to the sorry state of the opposition. It's sad really.

(September 13th, 2018, 00:43)AdrienIer Wrote:

You're just used to having more consideration because you're white and you're upset that you might lose that advantage. If you were the only one to do that I'd be angry at you but you're not so I'll just oppose the policies people like you want for as long as it's relevant.

I understand why you have this position, but I strongly believe that politics should make our society better but not necessarily my personal life better.

Edit : I'm not sure how "those policies are aimed at making your life better" got translated to "they care less about me because I'm white" by T-hawk and "you're a racist" by ipecac
It's not explicit but it's so obvious were it's going. Denying privilege is the point of no return; because without the privilege the money is just being stolen. It's going to go into ipecac's death spiral now; he didn't add anything because T-hawk said racist first.

(Btw, I love when citizens of first world countries lecture me about priviledge.)

The term is strictly used in the context of white people in first world countries, particularly those with an important non-white population. Being white in a near 100% white countries doesn't really give you advantage inside your country

I wonder what is going to happen if the GOP "wins" the mid term elections.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18