As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

Maybe ban pillaging instead (expect farms)? Annoyed also-rans can be used as a source too; they keep repairing because they are annoyed at someone else.

(March 8th, 2019, 01:43)Woden Wrote: I have a sinking feeling that with the new pillaging mechanic, city states are go to be banned in upcoming PBEMs. Just played a game to see how far you can take the new pillaging mechanic and abuse city states. It is not even close to any kind of balance. Declare on a science city state with a few mines, boom, a couple of free techs. Don't capture the city, make peace and let them fix their district and mines, then declare again after the 10 turns of enforced peace. Another couple of free techs. Need to upgrade your army, find a coastal commerce city state and get a couple of grand in gold.  

Was this their replacement for removing chop overflow?  Because this is way worst. Games will now be decided by who neighbors what type of city state.

Judging from the games I have seen, developers seem enamoured with the idea of people playing this game by their rules. Wars for 1-2 cities, make peace. Leaving city states alone, etc...

I have given up on the idea that those guys have any idea what they are doing. Just watch their supposed "best" player play the game in MP. I am not impressed. 

CIV VI never seemed to have any serious players in their testing group whatsoever and it shows.

Carthage (now some other city) suzerainty is some next level shit though. Yeah, your gold is now more than twice as effective than the next guy's! Fun!
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

(March 8th, 2019, 01:46)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: Maybe ban pillaging instead (expect farms)? Annoyed also-rans can be used as a source too; they keep repairing because they are annoyed at someone else.

Probably a better solution. You could also allow pillaging fishing boats, since they provide food too.

Can we just get 10 Crowns already?

(March 8th, 2019, 03:05)TheArchduke Wrote:
(March 8th, 2019, 01:43)Woden Wrote: I have a sinking feeling that with the new pillaging mechanic, city states are go to be banned in upcoming PBEMs. Just played a game to see how far you can take the new pillaging mechanic and abuse city states. It is not even close to any kind of balance. Declare on a science city state with a few mines, boom, a couple of free techs. Don't capture the city, make peace and let them fix their district and mines, then declare again after the 10 turns of enforced peace. Another couple of free techs. Need to upgrade your army, find a coastal commerce city state and get a couple of grand in gold.  

Was this their replacement for removing chop overflow?  Because this is way worst. Games will now be decided by who neighbors what type of city state.

Judging from the games I have seen, developers seem enamoured with the idea of people playing this game by their rules. Wars for 1-2 cities, make peace. Leaving city states alone, etc...

I have given up on the idea that those guys have any idea what they are doing. Just watch their supposed "best" player play the game in MP. I am not impressed. 

CIV VI never seemed to have any serious players in their testing group whatsoever and it shows.

It is 100% balanced as a role-playing game. Its why stuff like canals were a headlining feature - its only going to pop up once in a hundred games, but the casual player loves that little bit of flair. It seems totally insane to me that volcanos, which were a thing in Civ3: Conquests (that absolutely no one liked), get dragged back into the game in basically the same incarnation. But oh wow, look at it explode, it really makes the word 'feel' alive. It's just another piece of flair to distract the player from the broken base mechanics.

(March 8th, 2019, 11:21)Bacchus Wrote: Can we just get 10 Crowns already?

I hope you guys contacted Soren to test it, otherwise you deserve nothing.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I changed jobs, country, have no computer except the work one, and no house -- living in AirBnBs, it didn't seem like an opportune moment to sign up for testing. If they are still interested in a couple of months, I'll be there.

(March 8th, 2019, 11:22)Borsche Wrote:
(March 8th, 2019, 03:05)TheArchduke Wrote:
(March 8th, 2019, 01:43)Woden Wrote: .

It is 100% balanced as a role-playing game. Its why stuff like canals were a headlining feature - its only going to pop up once in a hundred games, but the casual player loves that little bit of flair. It seems totally insane to me that volcanos, which were a thing in Civ3: Conquests (that absolutely no one liked), get dragged back into the game in basically the same incarnation. But oh wow, look at it explode, it really makes the word 'feel' alive. It's just another piece of flair to distract the player from the broken base mechanics.

This is exactly right. They are building a pasttime, not a game.  twirl

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/ay...ations_by/

This thread was adorable. 

Sometimes I forget that you lunatics here aren't typical Civ players.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.