As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

new civ 6 pbem while the next pitboss can't start?

(June 23rd, 2024, 13:16)Kaiser Wrote: Sorry, it took me a bit longer to get started in this but the game is installed and I will roll some maps and post them for some lurker feedback.

Awesome. Not trying to rush the process, just double checking that it's ongoing.

I don't think we need to make any decisions until it is time for players to start picking their civs / leaders, when a starting screenshot is available.

Sorry guys, I think I overpromised here. This is partly due to me underestimating the time effort for getting a map done with CIV6 as well as due to me being busy wrapping a lot of stuff up at work before my vacation starts.

I settled on a map after rolling several ones, but it still needs editing as the start positions are hilariously unbalanced and there might be the need to adjust some minor features. Sadly I was not able to roll and identify a map without the need of at least moving start positions.

I will share my state in the lurker thread, hopefully you can find someone to take it from there (or restart from scratch)

I understand. I will bump the thread I had in the general chat and hope someone will take on the torch.

I did check map and it need many editing, unfortunately I also am going on vacation soon, so no time for it.

However I did make a fully handmade map very long ago, it is a mirrored start, everyone got 95% equal start. Map is set and ready to go.
But there are several catches, firstly it is limited to 4 players.
Secondly it is very highly variant map, to be more precise it is map filled with enclosed mountain rings.
So everyone plays as Inca, using early tunnels to explore, expand and go war.

I am just offering this map, it is up you all whether you all want try this strange map or just normal map which mean other person need edit Kaiser's map.

(June 27th, 2024, 09:52)Alhambram Wrote: I did check map and it need many editing, unfortunately I also am going on vacation soon, so no time for it.

However I did make a fully handmade map very long ago, it is a mirrored start, everyone got 95% equal start. Map is set and ready to go.
But there are several catches, firstly it is limited to 4 players.
Secondly it is very highly variant map, to be more precise it is map filled with enclosed mountain rings.
So everyone plays as Inca, using early tunnels to explore, expand and go war.

I am just offering this map, it is up you all whether you all want try this strange map or just normal map which mean other person need edit Kaiser's map.

The handmade map that already exists is not going to work if it is made for four players, unfortunately.

If the only roadblock to using that map is the player count, I could drop out. Several personal things have arisen recently, and while I wanted to attempt to remain in this game to avoid creating issues, I'm more than happy to drop. Though I am not sure if everyone else wanted to play an all Inca map.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Do you absolutely have to play Inca to use the tunnels on this map?

TBH I just want to play a game of civ 6 on a relatively normal map. Not hand crafted, not variant, just a normal map.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

That's my preference as well. There just seems to be a real dearth of potential mapmakers...

If we can't find a mapmaker by the time people are ready to start, are we willing to consider just playing a straight random map?