As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

new civ 6 pbem while the next pitboss can't start?

I'll play a random map
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I've heard that they have made the map generator not spawn you within six hexs or so. This would make Sumer okay. Maori needs to get banned though.

Nan Madol can spawn in with no mapmaker. We can make a rule that you cannot give it envoys. You can still do quests but that will slow you down enough to give other players a chance to do something. I would also make a rule that once someone becomes the Suzerain you can give envoys.

I'm pretty sure you can exclude certain city states from the pool when rolling a map.

July 16 is the deadline for when I am going to say we are just going with a random map. That is when you will make civ picks if there is no map made by then...

(July 2nd, 2024, 11:54)greenline Wrote: I'm pretty sure you can exclude certain city states from the pool when rolling a map.

Correct, when rolling a map you can use a cuistom pool and thus exclude specific city states, as well as natural wonders.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Then I would add Giant's Causeway to the list because it would buff all your units if it spawns next to you. That +5 would also get really nasty when paired with a UU or other ability, too. A mapmaker wouldn't put it in so it didn't need to be on the list, but we could have no mapper now.

Civs:
-Hungry
-Scythia
-Babylon
-Basil II
-Maori
-Bull Moose Teddy

Gives too much stuff:
-Venetian Arsenal
-Religious Settlements Pantheon
-Work Ethic
-Nan Madol
-Pillaging City-State tiles except for farms and fishing boats.
-Resource hiding ban. We would need more complex rules for a team game, but it is obviously intentional here.

Other:
-Tactical DoWs, especially regarding Australia.
-City-gifting must be approved by the wise council of lurkers.
-DoF blockades OKAY
-Scouts providing naval support OKAY
-Not accepting/rejecting DoF at once.

New stuff (maybe?):
-The player who proposed the DoF cannot declare war on the first turn after the DoF expires, unless the player who accepted the DoF is ahead of them in turn order. Not nearly OP as some other stuff but not having this rule gives "Player1" an edge for no reason.
-Ban mods because of what happened to Woden last game here. It didn't do anything because it was garbage time but it could be very bad if the game is competitive.
-Giant's Causeway

This list is long. lol

Looks like we are going to have to go with a random map. Whosit, if you would like to drop out, you can do so, since it won't make much of a difference when rolling with 4 or 5 players.

I would be going with:

Pangaea
Low sea level
Abundant resources
World age: new
standard wetness, standard temperature
2 city states per player, Nan Modol excluded.

Can I get a confirmation from everyone who signed up that these are good settings? (Huts are disabled, Nan Modol excluded from the city state pool).

If I am rolling the map I would have to pick my civ first. Unless a lurker is OK rolling for us.

Fine but also not concerned if we want a other land based map.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(July 16th, 2024, 08:07)greenline Wrote:

Can I get a confirmation from everyone who signed up that these are good settings? (Huts are disabled, Nan Modol excluded from the city state pool).

If I am rolling the map I would have to pick my civ first. Unless a lurker is OK rolling for us.

I'm willing to help with civ picks. I don't have the exp packs so I cannot roll for you but I can take Private Messages so you can do blind picks.