As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Civilization 5 Expansion - Brave New World

I have everything but BNW due to family/friend gifting. Was just curious since I don't plan on buying BNW until at least Christmas.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Looking back on BNW ... including Austria's ability to 'marry' into a city state to completely and peacefully annex them (with I think only a gold cost and high relations?) I am noticing how, perhaps primarily in relation to attitude towards city states ... Civ5 is kind of like "Civ the RPG"

Now ... for a fantasy type mod this might have very interesting possibilities ...

And now Venice has the possibility to puppet city states with the merchants of Venice ....

but here is my question. Austria can build settlers and can Annex City States, while Venice can only have one city and can only puppet City States.

HOW is that fair exactly? Forgive me if I'm wrong but it seems like, at least how Austria was pre-patch, Austria vs Venice ... Austria would win every time.

Now, granted, in the current status, I feel that Venice at least has a chance since Venice can puppet even City States allied to other Nations ... and Austria now needs 5 turns of alliance before marriage is possible. So I could see that working.

But I wonder how Venice is still considered Viable as a one city challenge when Austria can pretty much do the same thing? (or is the reason simply that there are no restrictions on merchant of venice while there is on Austrias ... and would that be enough).

Anyways, I feel that the people complaining of Venice's power are wanting to nerf Venice into non-existence over just an inconvenience.

(July 11th, 2013, 14:20)Sareln Wrote: Random questions: any thoughts on the trade route systems?

Steam seems to think you only need CIV V, not G&K to get BNW. Did they really make it that atomic? If so, does BNW fold in the religion changes from G&K?

EDIT: More questions; claims of AI improvement, are they discernibly true or too early to tell?

It's extremely easy to use. It's almost just free gold most of the time with few expectations. The player gets more out of it than AI because they have less resources.

Did they fix the level 2 bug? The AI seems to have much fewer units. I suspect that they did not, otherwise they would have made a note of it, and something else is causing this for me.

Fucking hell.. So I bought the game this morning since it's finally out in Europe. And now it's on sale 33% off, I wasted 10 euros so I can play it a few hours earlier. Really didn't expect a sale on fucking release date.

I think I might finally get ciV, albeit I'm not sure whether to wait for the Steam Sale to scale like the GOG one did. It looked more of a joyride than a game from the start, but now it at least appears as a fully fleshed out joyride.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Well the gold edition, with the DLC, Gods and Kings Expansion pack, and the base game is on sale for £7.49 right now on a flash sale that ends in a little less than 5 hours. That isn't that bad a deal.

I'm still not buying BNW at only 33% off though.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

yea, I got 5 just yesterday on the Flash sale.

Gold edition 75% off .... (while the expansion itself was just 50% off)

one of those rare moments where the bundle is cheaper than one of the items in the bundle xD

bundle (van+GnK+dlc) 12

GnK 14

van 8

So 5 alone would be cheaper, but the whole bundle was cheaper than the expansion by itself, lol

Am I the only one that gets annoyed when I see the three ideologies trees being recommended for Culture wins?

It's like:

Freedom - Good for culture, science and diplomatic.

Order - Good for culture, military and science.

Autocracy - Good for culture, military and diplomatic.

What's the point if everything is good for culture? crazyeye

Edit: BTW, that's a joke post. I'm not saying the game is bad because of this. lol

(July 12th, 2013, 15:59)Ichabod Wrote: Am I the only one that gets annoyed when I see the three ideologies trees being recommended for Culture wins?

It's like:

Freedom - Good for culture, science and diplomatic.

Order - Good for culture, military and science.

Autocracy - Good for culture, military and diplomatic.

What's the point if everything is good for culture? crazyeye

Edit: BTW, that's a joke post. I'm not saying the game is bad because of this. lol

Well, they reworked the culture tree the most, so they wanted to make sure that no matter what ideology you picked you were not going to ignore some of the new stuff, clearly /sarc.

:P
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1