Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[no players] We like to lurk lurkers lurking.

You just volunteered, Noble. That's...noble of you. nod

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

And somewhat surprisingly, I didn't get a reply to the email I sent him yesterday. Sian, I'm trying to throw you out the escape hatch here, why won't you let me?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Are you sure there would be a difference between me not playing and Sian playing?

I'm not sure of anything with his civ because the only info I have about what he's doing comes from 2mn's reports. From his accounting it seems like Sian is building military and nothing else. I assume that alone would be the difference between Sian playing and anyone else not playing. Although if someone else were not playing but doing it more quickly than what Sian is managing I think at this point it'd be better than what we have now. Just automate city build queue and press enter!

Can anyone even catch up to Zanth/Gavagai? Cannons when the next tech leaders are barely at knights sounds just like a single player stomping. They can probably just gobble up their first couple of targets (looks like slowcheetah and then whoever he is next to) with just a single gren, a couple cannons, and a bunch of chariots for all the rest of their units will matter.

I'm going through a pretty busy period right now, but I'd be willing to take over Sian's civ next week if someone kept it rolling in the meantime?

I'm completely spoiled though, have read everyone's thread. I also don't intend to put in as much effort as Mardoc. wink

Well, unless a much weaker player like Krill is willing to do the deed...
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(June 18th, 2014, 15:04)GermanJojo Wrote: Can anyone even catch up to Zanth/Gavagai? Cannons when the next tech leaders are barely at knights sounds just like a single player stomping. They can probably just gobble up their first couple of targets (looks like slowcheetah and then whoever he is next to) with just a single gren, a couple cannons, and a bunch of chariots for all the rest of their units will matter.
Is not that easy as it sounds,with numbers you can beat canons easily.Combat 2 knigs have 50% on canons, and dont forget canons are slow movers, so enough time for maneuvring.I think slow has an enough big empire to whip a bunch of cats knigs or even macemans do defend agains canonos with something.

More dangereous would be if the get loads of curirasiesr(gavagai and zanth) and some units with canonos and fork cities and get speed, without that any decent defender will toast bunch of canons.

If it's just cannons it's possible to defend, but you are still expecting the guy with cannons to make a mistake. If the guy with cannons gets rifles as well though it's curtains.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(June 18th, 2014, 15:18)Krill Wrote: If it's just cannons it's possible to defend, but you are still expecting the guy with cannons to make a mistake. If the guy with cannons gets rifles as well though it's curtains.
I answer to a post were saying about cannos not about rifles, and depends alot of geography and culture even there.to bad we can't see how fast theyr oponenst can get at least greens.this guys report worse then me i belived that not posible.