As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Politics Discussion Thread (Heated Arguing Warning)

What was the fraction, 1/1024? ie ten generations past she had a native american ancestor?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(October 17th, 2018, 00:41)mackoti Wrote: All this problems because at some point beeing white in democrat america became a bad thing.

That's quite ridiculous, considering that the two frontrunners for 2020 are white men

(October 17th, 2018, 04:52)AdrienIer Wrote:
(October 17th, 2018, 00:41)mackoti Wrote: All this problems because at some point beeing white in democrat america became a bad thing.

That's quite ridiculous, considering that the two frontrunners for 2020 are white men

perhaps i say it wrong,  just an example beto on his campaign on texas said vote against white old patriarchy, and gues he is 1 year younger and more white then cruz.  what puzzle me is that theyr vote base doesnt see how ipocrits they are, i mean the polityicians not people.

It's not hypocrisy for a white man to be in favor of non-whites and women getting more representation and power. He's championing that cause, and making it a campaign argument. Just like he could have said it's a vote for the gay community while being straight, because as a senator he'd be supporting gay rights.

(October 17th, 2018, 03:37)Krill Wrote: What was the fraction, 1/1024? ie ten generations past she had a native american ancestor?

The result was "between 1/64 and 1/1024", but that she certainly has native american ancestry. Which isn't really significant of anything.

TBF Ted Cruz is more slime monster than man.

(October 17th, 2018, 09:32)AdrienIer Wrote:
(October 17th, 2018, 03:37)Krill Wrote: What was the fraction, 1/1024? ie ten generations past she had a native american ancestor?

The result was "between 1/64 and 1/1024", but that she certainly has native american ancestry. Which isn't really significant of anything.

I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Elizabeth Warren claimed that she was native american. Not of native american ancestry, she was native american.

A DNA test shows that she has somewhere between [one relative six generations prior and eight relatives 10 generations ago] and [one relative 10 generations ago].

Is this right?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

And I will say that Warren's bizarre, idiotic stunt is the perfect encapsulation of establishment Democrat thinking. They're conservatives who are adamantly opposed to actually leftist policy, even when it would be overwhelmingly popular - look at how they hem and haw about single-payer healthcare - but still imagine that their base will turn out just because they're not quite as bad as the Republicans. You would think they would have learned better after they managed to throw 2016 to Donald Trump, but no, most of them are still chasing the mythical moderate Republican voter. So we end up with empty phrases and performances like this in lieu of anything that would actually improve people's lives.

(October 17th, 2018, 10:24)Krill Wrote:
(October 17th, 2018, 09:32)AdrienIer Wrote:

I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Elizabeth Warren claimed that she was native american. Not of native american ancestry, she was native american.

A DNA test shows that she has somewhere between [one relative six generations prior and eight relatives 10 generations ago] and [one relative 10 generations ago].

Is this right?

Correct. The most verifiable example of this was that she put herself on a Minroity Law Teacher list as Native American.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Well, the issue is at the 1/1024 level archaic Siberian populations can be misinterpreted as American Aboriginal populations. Magyar ancestry famously confuses early tests.

It's fun stuff and will eventually be very helpful but the whole field is still very young.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.